Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A little bit of Drinking. A little bit of Eating. Alot of Loving.

It's amazing how every year we all become so self-involved. 'School is SO hard'. 'I'm so stressed'. 'My parents are bugging me'. Blah blah blah. What's even more amazing is how we all are able to sit back for at least one weekend a year and truly reflect on what it is we're thankful for.
In hindsight, it's all very sad and pretty disappointing to think that all of us have so much to be thankful for every day, and yet we all seem to forget it. We forget what it means to think about all that we have on our lives and how lucky we are. Think about it.

I know that for me, as with all of you, I have so much to be thankful for, even more than last year or the year before. The list just keeps growing.
So as a cue from my dear friend, here's what I'm thankful for:

1) That I have my parents who love me and are there for me.

2) For my Mom. She always knows when I'm having a bad day. When I need to be cheered up. And when I need to settle down. I love being able to sit and talk to her.

3) For my Dad. Despite everything that's happened in the past year he's still so positive. I've never had so much respect for my dad as I do now.

4) For all of my family. Two sets of Grandparents. Aunts and Uncles. Cousins. And the extended family who really isn't related to any of us at all, and yet always has a place in our homes. I'm sad I didn't get to see any of them this weekend, but I know I will soon enough. They say blood is thicker than water, but what about a sister from another mother? Best friends are just like sisters. Maybe even better.

5) That I have a guy who's just as crazy about me as I am about him. That he wants me around. That he makes me feel like the prettiest girl in the room. That I can be myself with him and not feel like I'm being judged. That his family consistently opens their doors to me and welcomes me into the family like I've been there this whole time. And that all of this is so much better than I ever could have dreamed.

6) That I'm getting an amazing education. Sure, there were frustrations. Switching of programs, and then switching of schools. But I finally feel like I belong where I am now. And it feels great.

7) All the pretty clothes I have. Not just that they're pretty, but that they keep me warm. And of course, make me feel like I look good.

8) That I have people who I can talk to. Vent to. Cry to. And also listen to.

9) Food. All the glorious food.

10) That Jaime and I are closer than ever before. That I get to see her more. And that I can be my silly self with her while Tony and Ryan roll their eyes at us.

11) And I'm thankful for all of you.


I didn't post alot of things that I'm also thankful for. Just the big things. Think about it. We all have alot to be thankful for. More so than we remember most days.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger ~Kelly~ said...

I am thankful for your sweet sweet ass! I would be so lost without you around! I mean, who would cook me dinner and rub my feet?

Family and friends are key for survival! Mix in a little nookie and jokes, and you live a pretty sweet life!

 
At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why I love Thanksgiving. No presents, no obligations. Just a time to enjoy the company of your family and eat eat eat!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger YourSecretLover said...

Oh muffin! I'm glad you're thankful for me! hahaha, I am thankful for you too!!!! You know you're more like family to me than just a best friend! I'm glad you had a good thanksgiving! I hope to be seeing that sexy ass soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home