Monday, January 16, 2006

To Drink... or Not?

A new year always brings about New Years Resolutions. And every year I am bound and determined to keep them. So far, this year has proven to be my best year for actually keeping a resolution. Yes, I know it is only the 16th of January... but without fail, every previous year I have broken at least one of my resolutions by now. Maybe I am just really bad at keeping promises to myself, or maybe it is that I without fail make resolutions that deep down I know I will not keep. Whatever it is, something has changed this year and I suddenly feel just a little more grown up.

This year I kept my resolutions as simple and straight forward as possible. Yes, they are cliche'd but perhaps you need to start off with something little and then work your way up.

1. Apply to other universities and actually get accepted (this would also require working alot harder than I normally do in ALL of my classes)
2. Workout every day
3. Eat healthy(er)
4. No booze

As much grief as I have been getting for not drinking, I am actually doing surprisingly well. Everyone who has heard that I am not drinking always tells me 'Oh, you'll never make it... you're gonna crack.', but so far I have had zero desire to consume even a sip of someone's drink.
Granted, the first week back at school was a tough one with all the partying that goes on. And the first night of dancing was definitely brutal. Who knew it was so hard to dance while dead sober?

Now that the first two weeks of school have passed and we're all back into our routines, I am actually having a good time. I thought that going out with all my friends while being the only sober person would be rough... if anything though, I am having just as much fun if not more, than while I was drinking. I still get to party with my friends and instead of feeling like crap as I seemingly do almost every Friday and Sunday mornings, I wake up refreshed and ready to start my day (Looking back at that line I think to myself... maybe this is good that I am not drinking). Needless to say, watching people get drunk turns out to be alot more fun than I thought it would be.

Now, we are two weeks into the New Year. Can I do it? Can I keep up my streak of keeping my promises to myself?
I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger ~Kelly~ said...

I hope you can do it! But I will miss Drunk Trish! She was so much fun, especially with Drunk Kelly. I'm sure I can learn to love sober Trish, but it won't be the same. I guess I'll have to drink enough for both of us.. *sigh* It's a rough job, but somebody has to do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home