Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Destiny

Does anyone ever wonder if we are 'destined' for things? Are we meant to go to this University? Or, if we're not meant to go to this school, are we drawn here for some inexplicable reason? Are we meant to be with certain people? To be friends with certain people?

Some days I look back and think what my life would have been like if I hadn't gone to WLU. If I hadn't been on 2North of King St. What would my life be like? Would I know my friends?

It is moments like these when you have to wonder what it is that draws us or convinces us to attend certain schools or do specific things.
I could not tell you what it was that when making my decision on which University to attend made me choose Laurier. I wasn't particularly excited or enthralled by the school. If anything, my two dream schools of which I were both accepted somehow seemed like the incorrect decision and I don't know why. Having never visited Laurier before accepting my placement here, I wonder what it was that made me feel such a draw to this school.

Now that I have been here for two and a half years, I still don't feel particularly enthralled by this school. If anything I know that I would rather be at a larger institution. Maybe that is my big city girl coming out in me, I don't know. But one thing that I do know for certain... If I hadn't chosen Laurier there would have been something missing. Something would not have been right. For it is the people that I have met that have made my experience over the last two and a half years here as fantastic as it has been.

2 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger ~Kelly~ said...

Solid Post Trish!
Now we've got you thinking!
There is something about Laurier, I can't explain it, it's just something you have to experience for yourself. I had the same draw towards WLU and I wonder myself what it was that caught my attention. (maybe it was that REALLY cute guy I ran into in the Sci bldg on my tour) Decisions change our lives perminantly, why we make these decisions, nobody really knows. Just be thankful you came here, and that you met these people (especially me!).

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Miss.Emily said...

Hey! Another blogger friend, isn't it addictive? It's also contagious, I've found, and a great de-stresser!

I had the same experience. I dont know what made me choose Laurier, considering I toured every school except here. I was drawn into it too, and I would be missing a part of me had I ended up where I intended to go.

Anyways, keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home